Updated Patient Information during Covid-19 epidemic
The UK government has recently announced that all dental practices can now return to more normal ways of operating for routine dental care. Stringent safeguards are in place for the health and safety of the public and the dental team.
At Select Orthodontics we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. We have worked really hard to put in place the required changes to open safely for everyone.
We will be prioritizing emergency treatments but routine appointments for orthodontic patients can now be offered.
If you have a dental emergency or require your routine dental examination, then please contact your own dentist.
When you attend the surgery you must expect some big changes in the way we manage your visit.
You will have to complete a comprehensive list of questions regarding your dental problem and your medical health, especially in relation to the on-going Covid-19 epidemic. We will email these to you via our data secure online portal, please note that we must have these details before attending your appointment, otherwise we will be unable to see you.
Please be tolerant of these questions, they are for your benefit.
When you attend:
- Please wear a face mask/face covering when attending your appointment.
- If you usually pay for your treatment, payment in advance over the telephone is required.
- You will be asked to attend alone, unless the appointment is for a small child, or you are a carer/chaperone for a vulnerable adult.
- If the appointment is for a child, please only bring that one child.
- For child orthodontic patients, if possible, we request that the parent remains outside the practice or waits in a car.
- Please do not bring any bags in with you.
- You must attend the surgery on time.
- On your arrival outside the surgery, you must wait in your car and make contact with the surgery by telephoning the surgery. We will tell you when to come to the door and then we will be able to let you in.
- You will be asked to use hand-gel, or alternatively to wash your hands. The patient toilet will not be available, so please use your own toilet before travelling.
- The practice will be observing a strict 2m Social Distancing policy, please be mindful of this if you come across any member of the public or staff in the reception area.
- You will be taken straight into the surgery where the dentist will need to confirm answers to some of the questions already asked.
- Please be mindful that we had to cancel over one thousand dental appointments during the first lockdown period. We will aim to get back to a more service as soon as possible, but at the moment our waiting times for appointments are a lot longer.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING
The Select Orthodontics Team
Call us today: 01642 246280 (Middlesbrough) | 01429 865290 (Seaton Carew)
Use of Information we collect and disclosures
There are various types of different information that we may gather from customers as you use Select Orthodontics. This information helps improve our website and services that we can offer everyone. The information we receive from customers is stored on the website. This personal information is not shared with any third party, however from time to time we may correspond with you with regard to any services or product that may be of interest to you. It is your choice to opt out of receiving marketing information. You can make a request to opt out at any time via e-mail.
Request for Personal Data
You have the right to request a copy of the personal data that is held by Select Orthodontics about you (a small fee may apply). Before disclosing the information proof of identity will be required.
The use of “cookie technology” enhances the user’s visit and helps you quickly find information and offers that interest you. Select Orthodontics uses cookie technology. Cookies are an encrypted string of text that a web site stores on your hard drive for record-keeping purposes. Without cookies we will not be able to keep information you enter on multiple pages together. It is your choice whether to accept or deny cookies. Look at your help menu on your browser if you would like to know how to turn off the cookie function.
If after reading the Policy, you have any concerns or questions please send an e-mail or write to us at:-
125-127 Borough Road
Web URL: www. http://www.selectorthodontics.co.uk