We are pleased to inform you that our practices are now open. At Select Orthodontics we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. We are working really hard to put in place the required changes to operate safely for everyone. At present we are open for emergency treatments only such as relief of pain or broken fixed orthodontic appliances.
No routine appointments can be offered at this time. This is because of the potential risk of transmitting Covid infection via the use of water sprays and drilling equipment. We hope to be able to restart your orthodontic treatment in due course but we ask for your patience and understanding in the meantime.
If you have a SEVERE problem with your brace which cannot be managed at home, then please contact the practice. We will discuss your problem over the telephone but if you are required to attend the surgery you must expect some big changes in the way we manage your visit.
In order to decide that it is safe for you and our team to attend the practice, you will have to answer a comprehensive list of questions regarding your dental problem and your medical health, especially in relation to the on-going Covid-19 epidemic. If possible we will email these to you. We must have these details before an appointment could be made.
If the team decides that it is appropriate to see you in the surgery, an emergency appointment will be made for you. Please be tolerant of these questions, they are for your benefit.
When you attend:
- You will be required to attend alone, unless the appointment is for a child, or you are a carer/chaperone for a vulnerable adult.
- If the appointment is for a child, please only bring that one child.
- Please do not bring any bags in with you.
- You must attend the surgery on time.
- If travelling by car you must telephone the surgery on OUTSIDE the surgery. We will tell you when to come to the door and we will let you in.
- You will be asked to use hand-gel, or wash your hands. The patient toilet will not be available, so please use your own toilet before travelling.
- The practice will be observing a strict 2 metre social distancing policy, please be mindful of this if you come across any other patients in the reception area.
- You will be taken straight into the surgery where the dentist will need to confirm answers to some of the questions already asked.
- At the present time we will only be able to provide emergency treatment, such as removal of loose brackets or snipping off sharp wires. Routine adjustment of braces will not be possible at the moment. It may well be several weeks or months before we can provide a more comprehensive service and complete your orthodontic treatment.
Please be patient with us during this difficult time. Our priority is the safety of patients, their relatives as well as our own practice staff.
The Select Orthodontics Team
Call us today: 01642 246280 (Middlesbrough) | 01429 865290 (Seaton Carew)
Use of Information we collect and disclosures
There are various types of different information that we may gather from customers as you use Select Orthodontics. This information helps improve our website and services that we can offer everyone. The information we receive from customers is stored on the website. This personal information is not shared with any third party, however from time to time we may correspond with you with regard to any services or product that may be of interest to you. It is your choice to opt out of receiving marketing information. You can make a request to opt out at any time via e-mail.
Request for Personal Data
You have the right to request a copy of the personal data that is held by Select Orthodontics about you (a small fee may apply). Before disclosing the information proof of identity will be required.
The use of “cookie technology” enhances the user’s visit and helps you quickly find information and offers that interest you. Select Orthodontics uses cookie technology. Cookies are an encrypted string of text that a web site stores on your hard drive for record-keeping purposes. Without cookies we will not be able to keep information you enter on multiple pages together. It is your choice whether to accept or deny cookies. Look at your help menu on your browser if you would like to know how to turn off the cookie function.
If after reading the Policy, you have any concerns or questions please send an e-mail or write to us at:-
125-127 Borough Road
Web URL: www. http://www.selectorthodontics.co.uk