We are pleased to inform you that our practices are now open. At Select Orthodontics we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. We are working really hard to put in place the required changes to operate safely for everyone. At present we are open for emergency treatments only such as relief of pain or broken fixed orthodontic appliances.
No routine appointments can be offered at this time. This is because of the potential risk of transmitting Covid infection via the use of water sprays and drilling equipment. We hope to be able to restart your orthodontic treatment in due course but we ask for your patience and understanding in the meantime.
If you have a SEVERE problem with your brace which cannot be managed at home, then please contact the practice. We will discuss your problem over the telephone but if you are required to attend the surgery you must expect some big changes in the way we manage your visit.
In order to decide that it is safe for you and our team to attend the practice, you will have to answer a comprehensive list of questions regarding your dental problem and your medical health, especially in relation to the on-going Covid-19 epidemic. If possible we will email these to you. We must have these details before an appointment could be made.
If the team decides that it is appropriate to see you in the surgery, an emergency appointment will be made for you. Please be tolerant of these questions, they are for your benefit.
When you attend:
- You will be required to attend alone, unless the appointment is for a child, or you are a carer/chaperone for a vulnerable adult.
- If the appointment is for a child, please only bring that one child.
- Please do not bring any bags in with you.
- You must attend the surgery on time.
- If travelling by car you must telephone the surgery on OUTSIDE the surgery. We will tell you when to come to the door and we will let you in.
- You will be asked to use hand-gel, or wash your hands. The patient toilet will not be available, so please use your own toilet before travelling.
- The practice will be observing a strict 2 metre social distancing policy, please be mindful of this if you come across any other patients in the reception area.
- You will be taken straight into the surgery where the dentist will need to confirm answers to some of the questions already asked.
- At the present time we will only be able to provide emergency treatment, such as removal of loose brackets or snipping off sharp wires. Routine adjustment of braces will not be possible at the moment. It may well be several weeks or months before we can provide a more comprehensive service and complete your orthodontic treatment.
Please be patient with us during this difficult time. Our priority is the safety of patients, their relatives as well as our own practice staff.
The Select Orthodontics Team
Call us today: 01642 246280 (Middlesbrough) | 01429 865290 (Seaton Carew)
For further information, please visit the British Orthodontic Society page on fixed braces.
KEEP YOUR BRACES CLEAN
For further information, please visit the British Orthodontic Society page on functional braces.
For further information, please visit the British Orthodontic Society page on removable braces.